When placing orders through OpenTrader, you might see in the status section an "Order Failure" Notification. If you hover over this notification, a reason is displayed.
Below are a number of possible reasons that your order may 'fail' or not be executed:
- The price entered was too far away from current market demand
- Insufficient funds in Available Trading Balance for a buy order
- You have reached your Order Limit without speaking to our Trading Team
- Attempts to sell stocks that are not held in portfolio
- Breach of Market Integrity rules (as all trades are overseen by our trading desk)
If your 'Order Failure' notification is unclear or the above examples don't apply, please get in touch with the below information and a screen shot if possible. You can reach us on live chat or over the phone on 1800 OT TEAM (1800 688 326 or +61 2 9055 4400 for overseas). We're available between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday. If we're away, just send us a message and we'll get back to you.
1. OpenMarkets ID:
2. Email Address:
3. Full name:
4. Order Number:
5. Stock Code & Quantity:
6. Date & Time:
7. Description of issue, please also specify - Buy, Sell, Amend or Cancel:
Once we have this information, we'll escalate your query to the trading team for investigation 🕵️♀️