To transfer issuer sponsored holdings to your Opentrader CHESS sponsored Holder Identification Number (HIN) simply:
- Download/Complete an Issuer Sponsored Holding Transfer Form
- Submit to Client Success at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach copies of the individual holdings statements (no more than 12 months old) or a recent dividend statement.
- Attach a copy of your valid Drivers Licence or Passport for signature verification.
- Issuer holdings statements and/or dividend statements provided must display the full Security Reference Number (SRN) e.g. I000998837773 and not partially withheld: I*********773.
- The registration of your issuer holdings must be in the exact same name/entity and registered address as your Opentrader account. This includes joint accounts - you cannot transfer a holding registered in a single name to an account registered in joint names.
- The registration address on your Issuer statement must also match to your Opentrader registration address.
How to obtain a copy of your holding statements
If you do not have a current copy of your holding statement or latest dividend statement, you can usually obtain this online by visiting the corresponding share registry's 'investor centre' and entering your Securities Reference Number (SRN) and your post code.
If you do not have access to your SRN you will need to contact the share registries to find out how you can obtain your holdings information.
The main share registries in Australia are:
- Computershare (visit the Computer Investor Centre or Single Holding Enquiry)
- Link Market Services (visit the Link Investor Centre)
- Advanced Share Registry Services
Example of Computershare's Investor Centre:
What to do if your Issue holdings are registered in an old name or old address
If the registered name/entity on your Issuer holding statement reflects are old name e.g. your maiden name (and therefore does not match your registered name at OpenTrader/OpenMarkets), you will need to contact the corresponding share registry to have your holding(s) updated with your current name. You will then need to request a copy of the holding statement(s) reflecting your updated name.
Each share registry has a different process, so you'll need to visit their website for more information.
If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to get in touch 🙋
You can reach us on live chat or over the phone on 1800 OT TEAM (1800 688 326 or +61 2 9055 4400 for overseas). We're available between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday. If we're away, just send us a message and we'll get back to you.